A lot of people have this notion that when we use crystal as part of a decoration, it is old-fashioned, sophisticated, and formal. If you think of all the possibilities, the crystal can be used in so many different ways as a classy decoration. It can brighten up the family dining area with the centerpiece or a display cabinet full of crystal figurines, not to mention that the mini bar has a few crystal champagne flutes just sitting next to the champagne bottle.
You may or may not use crystal as part of your home decoration, but if you decide to use it, make sure it really carries your style and personality. If you are a natural at picking something good for your house, then you wouldn’t have a hard time choosing any kind of crystal to add to your house. You can also use crystal in your office as paperweight, decor on your desk or at your display shelf, with all the family pictures.
Choosing to decorate with crystal is just one way of expressing your classy and sophisticated side. It can be displayed anywhere in your house or in your office as long as you know the right place to put them.
Whether you have an antique crystal or a new type of crystal, you can still use them for décor. Here are just some of the ways you can use crystal as part of your decoration:
- Crystals are a perfect choice for your living room chandelier. A lot of guests will see it and will be dazzled the minute they see it.
- Crystals are also good for picture frames. If you have a little one at home, make sure to keep it at high areas or hang the frame.
- Figurines like a crystal cat, a rabbit, birds, flowers, butterfly, or any type of animals are one of the best pieces of decorations you can store in a curio cabinet or a china cabinet.
- In some really fancy weddings, there are crystals placed on the table for table accessories and accents.
- Some brides also prefer to include crystal in their bridal veils, or on their gown. It can also be used as their jewelry.
- If you are hosting an intimate and formal dinner at your house, with very special guests, it would be a good idea to have some crystal décor on the table. It could be one of these three, a centerpiece, a vase, or a candleholder.
A crystal can be really elegant and expensive, but it all depends on where you buy it, the number of items you will purchase. Fortunately, there are many affordable crystals that you can buy. Just remember that you need to know where the crystal is meant for and where it is meant to be placed. Do not buy a crystal if it is not necessary and do not over decorate.